As we work together in this unprecedented situation, we want to be proactive in our efforts to support students and their families. In the days and weeks ahead, we will work together with patience as we adapt to this extended yet temporary change in our everyday lives. During these uncertain times, we are committed to a collaborative and shared approach in order to best support the needs of our children. The information shared below is intended to provide you with some direction regarding accessing support.
It is our intention that as your School Counselors and Social Workers, we will continue to provide services to students and parents throughout the closure of our school. We can be contacted during school hours via email. We will then directly contact those students and families in a timely manner and develop a plan that fits the needs of the student.
If you believe your student is in crisis, please utilize the list of resources below for immediate access to needed assistance. We have also included a webpage from the CDC regarding social-emotional support during this time, which contains additional resources for families and children.
Van Wert County Resources
- Police Emergency Number: 911
- Van Wert Police Dept. 419-238-2462
- Van Wert Co. Sheriff Dept. 419-238-3866
- Van Wert Co. Dept. of Job and Family Resources 419-238-5430
- Van Wert Health 419-238-2390
- Westwood Behavioral Health 419-238-3434
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Crisis Text Line: https://www.crisistextline.org/
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (24/7): 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 | CDC
With Best Regards,